Last Saturday Clara started sounding a bit raspy. So Sunday I took her to the Dr (thank God they see patients on Sundays!) and they said that she had RSV and prescribed an inhaler. They said that if she hadn't stopped wheezing by the next day to bring her back. So Monday she was still wheezing so I took her back to the Dr. They took her pulse ox which measures the oxygen saturation in her blood. It was not as high as they wanted so we did a breathing treatment and they took her pulse ox again. It hadn't improved. They then said that she needed a chest x-ray and that I would have to take her to the hospital. Ok, no problem, I can handle that. They then explained that the hospital said that she had to be transported in an ambulance because of her pulse ox level. That is when I started crying. It made the whole thing seem that much more dramatic and life threatening. I called Rodney and he said he would meet us at the hospital. The ambulance arrived and we were on our way.
In the ER they had to put her in this medieval contraption thing to take her x-ray. They then had to strap her down to put in her IV. Both of these things broke my heart and I just cried along with her. Her tests came back negative for RSV and Influenza which was great news. They said we would have to stay the night, and she would receive breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. The next day she was doing much better but they wanted her to be off the oxygen before they would release her, so we had to stay another night. Wednesday we were released and finally got to go home!! Yay!!! She continued breathing treatments for a couple of days and is still on antibiotics. We went back to the Dr. today for her recheck and she got the clean bill of health!!! Throughout this whole thing though she has still just been the sweetest, most happy baby. We are relieved and so happy that she is ok!


1 comment:
how scary!! i'm so glad she is okay.
Post a Comment